Afternoon all! We’re happy to confirm that Matt Williams will be joining JDP Fitness from September 2015. Matt will be arriving from Fitness First, Clapham. Personal Training in the City of London has now been taken to a new level!
His style is influenced by ballet, and he performed for Prince Edward at the Royal Opera House when he was just 20 years old. Matt’s adventures include spending 6 years as a soloist for Ballet Hagen in Germany.
How This Affects You
We’ve upped our game, and now we can provide all of you with an even greater level of expertise!
Think about it…
What is fitness?
Moving well? Being strong? Having a good mindset? Fitness involves a range of aspects which are both physical and mental. On the training side, each coach has their own philosophy which shapes their approach towards how they train themselves and clients.
With the addition of Matt to the team, we can now offer personal training to those who especially enjoy Pilates and dance, as well as anyone who may be pre/post natal.
Here’s a recent Q&A with our new addition
- Q: How did you get into fitness?
- A: I started classical ballet at the age of 6, so I guess fitness has always been a massive part of my life. As I got older and turned professional, the gym became my stress relief. I used to go to the gym after rehearsal to chill out and take my mind off dancing. Eventually the gym became my passion and I started spending more and more time there.
- Q: Lets imagane you were on death row, what would you request for your last meal?
- A: It would have to be a chicken curry, peshwari naan and a cobra beer.
- Q: What’s your favourite exercise?
- A: Has to be the back squat. It looks simple enough but there is so much detail behind it. It’s a great exercise for working your entire body and with so many variations you can never get bored.
- Q: Which type of clients have you worked with?
- A: Working in a commercial gym has allowed me to train a variety if clients which was a great way to learn as much as I could. I found the majority of my clients ended up being young professional females looking for fat loss, as well as strength and muscle gain. I feel my background in dance helped me successfully achieve their goals with them.
- Q: Favourite beer?
- A: As a treat occasionally l like a Leffe. A strong but tasty Belgian beer.
Would you like to ask Matt any further questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
In the meantime, if Matt’s background interests you, why not get in touch to book a consultation and free training session with him.